Position Title: Medical Science Liaison/Medical Affairs Director
Department: Medical Affairs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scope of Job
Job Summary: The MSL/Medical Affairs Director, Medical Affairs coordinates with Marketing, Regulatory and Legal in areas of Evidence Generation, Medical Communication, Medical Information, Medical Education & Advocacy-TL Management to support brand strategy and execute on the tactics defined by the Medical Affairs leadership.
Receives Direction From: Vice President of Medical Affairs
Provides Direction To: Not Applicable
• Drive Medical Information response development and maintenance of SRLs/SRDs & FAQs w/vendor
• Lead development of Scientific Platform and alignment of Scientific Messaging cross-functionally
• Support Advocacy/TL Management through Ad Boards, Clinical Trials, Pubs & Congress Activities
• Oversee Medical Communications integrity ensuring accuracy and compliance across all channels
• Shares medical and scientific expertise with colleagues in Commercial, Regulatory and Quality
• Assists with designing and executing medical affairs strategy
• Delivers Scientific Training for internal cross-functional Key Stakeholders & external Target Audiences
• Is a company-wide resource for understanding Eyenovia’s Pipeline, the Competitive Landscape and clearly identifying supportive evidence to differentiate assets for brand positioning & messaging.
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
• OD, Pharm D or PhD, or MS (with significant medical writing experience)
• 2+ years working in a Medical or Clinical Affairs department within pharmaceutical/medical device industry or an Optometry/Ophthalmology clinic rendering eyecare
• Previous experience with product launches and life cycle management
• Experience in Ophthalmics is strongly preferred
• Effective Communication to disseminate data and facilitate scientific understanding
• Business Acumen for efficient contribution to corporate goals
• Practical expertise in Drug Development Process and Regulatory Requirements
• Team Oriented for Value Driven company Results
• Excellent Adaptability and Resilience with unforeseen challenges
• Ability to integrate talent Collaboratively and Cross-functionally to grow Company/Brand Awareness
• Intentional Decision-Making and keen Market Awareness to create internal & external Impact
• Travel 50%
• Able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
• Able to climb stairs.
• Ability to travel by air, rail, car.
• Able to operate personal computer.
Training in relation to company systems and procedures, as well as individual job duties will be provided by Eyenovia. The need for additional external training with respect to regulations, industry standards, etc. will be determined by employee’s supervisor, and provided as appropriate.
Job descriptions change from time to time. The company retains the right, at its sole discretion, to modify information contained in this job description. Changes in job description will be discussed with the employee at or before implementation.
Eyenovia is an equal opportunity employer. Eyenovia offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO and holidays, and matching 401(k).
|Job Category||Medical Affairs|